Arcola Street is a specialist supported housing scheme specifically for male, former rough sleepers, aged between 18 and 60 and who have additional complex needs.
The scheme is located in the Dalston area of London and consists of 12 self-contained flats.
Our staff can support you around a range of different areas to enable to you become as independent as possible. The support includes:
- Maintaining a tenancy with a view to moving into independent accommodation
- Linking in with healthcare services
- Reducing your substance misuse and offending behaviour
- Budgeting and managing money and benefits
- Increasing social and living skills and broader support networks
- Links into educations, training and work opportunities
- Develop your life skills
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review your plan with you to make sure that it still reflects your needs.
The scheme lasts for up to 2 years, and when you are ready to move on, staff can help you to find somewhere suitable in the local community.
Staff are available Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.30 and outside these hours there is a security service on site. An on-call manager is available via telephone for emergencies and there is a 24 hour emergency repair line.
Referrals come through the Hackney Rough Sleepers Referral Panel and Clearing House.
Agencies that attend the fortnightly panel can refer potential customers to the service where the panel have an opportunity to discuss their support needs.