Birkdale is a sheltered scheme for adults over 55 years of age with support needs and is based in Tunbridge Wells.
The scheme consists of 29 flats with a mixture of one bedroom and studio rooms.
We provide a housing related support service for two hours, three days a week which is available for as long as you live at the scheme.
Along with tenancy support, we can help you with things like:
- Maintaining your tenancy
- Applying for benefits and dealing with appeals
- Advice on move on options, housing applications and tenancy information
- Linking in with GPs, dentists and other relevant health care professionals
- Signposting or referrals to other agencies where necessary such as Community Mental Health services, drug and alcohol services, sexual health, solicitors, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Managing arrears, debt and budgeting
- Education, training and work
- General advice and guidance
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review your plan with you to make sure that it still reflects your needs.