Craig House is a short term direct access hostel for homeless individuals and families in Braintree, Essex.
The scheme consists of 14 bedsits with shared communal bathrooms along with three self-contained flats.
Staff support you with a range of different areas during their stay including:
- Applying for benefits and dealing with appeals
- Advice on move on options, housing applications and tenancy information
- Linking in with GPs, dentists and other relevant health care professionals
- Referrals to other agencies where necessary such as Community Mental Health services, drug and alcohol services, sexual health, children’s legal services, solicitors, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Managing arrears, debt and budgeting
- Education, training and work
- General advice and guidance
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review these plans with you to make sure that they still reflect your needs.
Staff are on site between 8am – 10pm Monday to Sunday.
The service also offers support to move on into independent accommodation in the local area if you have been accepted as homeless by Braintree District Council. This could be support to access further temporary accommodation or find longer term housing. For people with ongoing support needs, the council will also consider more supported housing services.
Referrals can only be accepted via the Braintree district council’s homelessness team. You can contact Braintree district council on 01376 552 525.