The East Sussex Housing Adaptations Support Service includes practical support, advice, adaptations and information for older or disabled people to feel safer and independent in their homes.
Do you need help to change your home? You may be having difficulty using the bathroom or getting in and out of the bath. Do you need your kitchen adapted or changes made to access your property?
We can support you to:
- Make adaptations to your home to make it more accessible and easier to use
- Apply for grants from the local authority to pay for major work
- Investigate self-funding options
- Plan your scheme and recommend local, vetted contractors to carry out the works
- Link in with local health services and housing options
- Get advice and information on a range of other services that might help you within the local area
We have highly experienced staff to help guide you through every stage of an adaptation or other major works to your home. We offer a free first visit, written estimates and supervision of on-site works. We can help you stay in your home with greater comfort, security and independence.
Our advice and guidance are free and we aim to eliminate the worry of rogue-traders and excessive fees. Our services normally operate Monday–Friday 9am – 5pm.
We accept referrals directly from you or via other organisations that may sign post you.
Referrals can be made:
- in person at our East Sussex office
- by phone on 0845 600 8697
- by email at Adaptations@familymosaic.co.uk
All referrals should receive a response within 2 working days and if a home visit is required, we aim to visit you within 10 working days.