The Greenwich Floating Support Service is a long term visiting support service for adults with learning disabilities living in the Greenwich area of London.
The service offers housing related support regardless of the kind of accommodation you live in; private rented, shared, supported housing, local authority housing or if you own your own home and the amount of support you receive will depend on your individual needs.
Our staff can support you around a range of different areas to enable to you become as independent as possible. The support includes:
- Find a suitable place to live
- Maintaining an independent tenancy
- Linking in with healthcare services
- Budgeting and managing money and benefits
- Increasing social and living skills and broader support networks
- Links into educations, training and work opportunities
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review these plans with you to make sure that they still reflect your needs.
This is a long term service and is available Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm but staff can be flexible so they are able to support you with appointments that may take place outside of these hours.
Referrals are received via Greenwich Council Adult Social Services Department.