The Haringey Families Floating Support Service is a visiting support service specifically for families, young people and teenage parents living in the London Borough of Haringey.
We offer you support regardless of the kind of accommodation you live in; private rented, shared, supported housing or living with family or friends.
Our staff can support you around a range of different areas to enable you to become as independent as possible. The support includes:
- Maintaining an independent tenancy
- Linking in with healthcare services
- Budgeting and managing money and benefits
- Increasing social and living skills and broader support networks
- Links into educations, training and work opportunities
- Increase in self esteem
- Better use of recreation time
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review your plan with you to make sure that it still reflects your needs.
We also offer you a mediation service that can work with you and your family to resolve issues that may otherwise lead to you having to leave your family home or help you to return home if relationships have previously broken down.
The service lasts up to 6 months, depending on how much support you need.
The service is available Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.