Here to Help offers free, short term support to people who live in Havering, are over the age of 16 and need help to develop their independent living skills.
(Incorporating The Carepoint Service)
The Here to Help Service provides a free and confidential service to people aged 16 and over who live in Havering. We provide information, advice and support to help you resolve issues affecting your life so that you can feel more confident and be able to live more independently. We don’t judge and we don’t tell people what to do.
Based in Romford (see address below) and open six days a week (Mon-Sat), we can work with you to find out what type of help you need and then support you address the issues affecting your life that are important to you. We also have regular, free drop-ins across the borough where you can call in and discuss your issue with a members of staff. For more information about times and locations of our drop-in sessions, have a look here.
We can support you with a range of different things such as:
- Accessing benefits
- Employment and training opportunities
- Social Care needs
- Housing needs
- Managing rent arrears
- Managing your home
- Financial advice
- Budgeting support
- Support to access healthcare and well-being
- Support to access drug and alcohol services
- Support to access mental health services
- Volunteering opportunities
- Helping you to become more independent and part of your local community
Depending on your need, you will have a dedicated member of the team who will support you. Our service is divided into three different streams to make sure you get the right level of support:
1. Stream 1 – Information, Advice & Guidance: we will provide you with information and advice that will help you access support, either by email, over the phone or face to face at one of our community hubs
2. Stream 2 – Short-term Support: if you need more than information and advice, we will provide you with additional short-term support (up to 4-6 weeks) to help you resolve an issue affecting your life.
3. Stream 3 – Longer-term Support: if your issue takes longer to resolve, we will provide you with ongoing support for up to six months.
Along with the support, we also run a Volunteering Programme that offers customers the chance to get more involved with a variety of roles within the Peabody such as administration, reception and organising social activities. Just ask a member of staff about how to get involved.
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you on your first visit too.
Anyone can refer to the service, you just need to be over 16, living in the London Borough of Havering and in need of some support. You can refer yourself, be referred by another agency or professional or by your family or friends. See contact details for how to get in touch.
Tel: 01708 776770 (Line open Monday – Saturday; 9am-5pm)
Main Hub: Holgate House, 1st Floor, 6 Holgate Court, Western Road, Romford, RM1 3JS (Hub open Monday – Saturday; 9am-5pm)