Leahurst Hostel is a supported housing scheme for single homeless young people aged between 16-25 years.
The scheme is based in Braintree and consists of ten rooms with shared bathrooms, lounge and meeting room.
Customers can stay at the scheme for up to two years during which you are supported with a range of areas such as:
- Maintaining your tenancy
- Applying for benefits and dealing with appeals
- Advice on move on options, housing applications and tenancy information
- Linking in with GPs, dentists and other relevant health care professionals
- Signposting and referrals to other agencies where necessary such as Community Mental Health services, drug and alcohol services, sexual health, children’s legal services, solicitors, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Managing arrears, debt and budgeting
- Education, training and work
- General advice and guidance
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review your plan with you to make sure that it still reflects your needs.
Staff are on site to support you 24 hours a day, seven days a week between 8am and 11pm. Staff are also available for emergencies during the night.
To make a referral, applicants will need to make a homelessness approach to Braintree district council. For further information, please contact Braintree district council on 01376 552 525 and ask to speak to the homelessness team.