The Mid and West Kent Home Improvement Agency service includes practical support, advice, adaptations, small handyperson jobs and information for older or disabled people to help them feel safe and independent in their home.
You may be having difficulty using the bathroom or getting in and out of the bath. You might need hand rails or grab rails to help you get in and around your home. Or it could be that you need some small jobs doing around the home that you can’t manage yourself.
We can support customers to:
- Make adaptations to your home to make it more accessible and easier to use
- Apply for grants from the local authority to pay for major works
- Investigate self-funding options
- Find insured and vetted surveyors and building contractors to carry out works
- Get advice on issues affecting your home such as rising damp or roof work
- Link in with local health services and housing options
- Get advice and information on a range of other services that might offer additional help within the local area
We also offer a handyperson service designed to help you with odd jobs and minor repairs, provided by our own DBS-checked staff at a clearly defined hourly rate.
Our advice and guidance are free and we aim to eliminate the worry of rogue-traders and excessive fees for professional tradesmen.
We have highly experienced staff to help guide you through every stage of an adaptation or other major works to your home.
Our services normally operate Monday–Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
The budget for Disabled facilities grants in Kent have increased this year meaning that there is more money available for people to make changes to their homes.
We accept referrals directly from customers or via other local organisations.
Referrals can be made:
All referrals should receive a response within 2 working days. If a home visit is required, we aim to visit within 10 working days.