Newhythe is a specialist supported housing scheme for homeless young parents or single people who are expecting a baby.
The scheme is located in Colchester and consists of 16 self contained one and two bedroom flats and houses around a central courtyard. The scheme has a communal lounge, a laundrette and a playroom that is used for organised activities such as play sessions, groups and meetings.
Residents can stay at Newhythe for up to two years, during which time you are allocated a support worker who can offer a range of support including:
- Maintaining your tenancy
- Linking in with healthcare services
- Budgeting and managing money and benefits
- Increasing social and living skills and broader support networks
- Links into educations, training and work opportunities
- Increase your self esteem
- Better use of your recreation time
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review these plans with you to make sure that they still reflect your needs.
Staff are available to provide support to residents Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm. Outside these hours, there is an on-call system available for any emergency support.