The Southend Floating Support service offers support if you are experiencing a range of problems that are impacting on your health, housing or financial wellbeing.
The main aim of the Southend service is to prevent homelessness and to empower you to manage independently within the wider community. Our staff provide short term support to individuals and families who are experiencing a range of problems that impact on their housing, health and/or financial wellbeing.
We can help with:
- Housing and homelessness issues
- Benefit claims and advice
- Building skills to manage debts and budgeting
- Accessing community support groups, health and wellbeing services
Support ranges from one-off information, advice, guidance and signposting, to short term interventions up to six weeks and extended support up to six months depending on the level of service you need. We offer three levels of service:
- Stream 1: Low level of support accessed by attending our drop in services for one off advice and support, this also includes telephone advice and support.
- Stream 2: Moderate level of support where an assessment is completed followed by up to six of face to face support sessions. Extra support can be provided at our drop-ins, through phone or other contact.
- Stream 3: High level of support which can help with complex or multiple needs. We will carry out an assessment followed by regular holistic support for up to 6 months.
We operate a range of drop-in sessions five days a week at various locations around Southend. To find out more about these sessions, please click here.
Our service is operated Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm but we can offer support outside these hours, including weekends, upon request. We also offer an out of hours telephone support service on 01702 445 870, Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 9.00pm.
SHIP – Southend – Information point and directory of services for adults, children and families
Shelter – Housing Advice
Turn 2 Us – Benefits Calculator, Grants Search, links to other sources of information and help
Stepchange – Free Debt advice
Gov.uk – Government services and information
SEAL – South Essex Association of Landlords
SECH – South Essex Community Hub
Referrals can be made via our Gateway service. We accept self-referrals or referrals from an agency, friends or family. However, any referral must have the consent of the applicant.
You can also refer yourself by accessing any of our drop in or hub facilities located around Southend on Sea. Please refer to the list of times and locations above.