The Southend Floating Support service offers support if you are experiencing a range of problems that are impacting on your health, housing or financial wellbeing.
The service covers the whole of Southend and provides short term support. We can meet you in your own home, at our office or locations in the local community.
Our staff can support you around a range of different areas to enable to you become as independent as possible. The support includes:
- Maintaining an independent tenancy
- Linking in with healthcare services
- Budgeting and managing money and benefits
- Increasing social and living skills and broader support networks
- Links into educations, training and work opportunities
Every customer has a support plan that reflects your support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review these plans with you to make sure that they still reflect your needs. Your support worker can also help you to referrals to other local agencies, in case you need additional specialist support.
Within the service we offer 3 levels of support:
- Gateway service – this gives information, guidance and access to the support service
- Immediate Response Service – provides an urgent response to people in immediate crisis need
- Holistic Service – provides flexible, short term, outcome focussed support to vulnerable people and helps to develop skills to live more independently. For this level of support you will be allocated a support worker, who will visit you regularly, depending on your needs.
Our service supports up to 335 people at any one time. We operate a waiting list for this which is run on a priority need basis. We operate a range of drop-in sessions throughout the areas, click here for more information.
We operate from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
In addition we provide the Southend Access Point Service – this is a single gateway service for referrals to Supported Housing which includes schemes for young people and people with mental health issues who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Enquiries for this service can be made by calling 01702 445 870.