Tate House is a specialist supported housing scheme that supports eight young people leaving social services care.
The scheme is located in Laindon near Basildon and consists of one and two bedroom self-contained flats. People can stay for up to two years after which they are supported to move on to live independently in the local community.
Each tenant has a support worker who meets with you on a weekly basis and supports you in a range of different areas such as:
- Maintaining a tenancy
- Applying for benefits and dealing with appeals
- Advice on move on options, housing applications and tenancy information
- Linking in with GPs, dentists and other relevant health care professionals
- Referrals to other agencies where necessary such as Community Mental Health services, drug and alcohol services, sexual health, children’s legal services, solicitors, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Managing arrears, debt and budgeting
- Education, training and work
- General advice and guidance
Every customer has a support plan that reflects their support needs and aspirations. Support workers regularly review these plans with you to make sure that they still reflect your needs and compliment your statutory pathway plan from social services.
Staff are available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Referrals are accepted via the Leaving Care Team.