Home Improvement Agencies (HIAs) offer a range of services to help stay as independent as possible in your own home.
Our services include practical support, advice, adaptations, small handyperson jobs and information for older or disabled people.
We provide HIA services in many parts of the South East.
Generally, the services we offer are for older, vulnerable and disabled people, but this can vary depending on the service and your situation.
These services offer a wide variety of help including:
- Handyperson services to undertake small jobs around the home
- Fitting handrails and grab rails
- Installing daily living equipment
- Adapting your home
- Making your bathroom easier to use
- Advice on keeping your home safe
- Support with applying for grants and benefits
- Information on reducing your energy bills
- Linking in with specialist services in your area
All these services aim to help you feel more safe, comfortable and independent in your home.
What support do we offer?
Several of our services are free, depending on your situation, others are offered at a low cost and some are eligible for a fee.
However, regardless of the cost, all our services are offered at a high standard and we work hard to make sure you are an integral part of the process and involved in all decision making.
Whatever the service, we can support you if:
- You want to remain independent in your own home for as long as possible
- You need some practical changes made to make it more suitable for your needs
- You have small jobs around the home that are causing you worry or stress that you can’t manage yourself
- Your physical health is making it hard to get around your home
We provide a flexible support service based around your particular need for a set period of time. We can also sometimes help you with things such as your housing, money, health and getting involved with your local community alongside our other services.