Navigator and Link services offer help and advice to get linked into extra support that is available in your local community.
We have navigator and link services in the South East.
Generally, navigator and link services are for older people or those with long term-health conditions or disabilities, living in their own homes.
Both kinds of services aim to help you remain living as independently and actively as possible in your own home. They can also help to reduce isolation by linking you in to social opportunities in the local area.
These services generally provide short term visiting support to help you with things like:
- Identify your needs
- Provide information and advice
- Signpost to other support services, clubs and opportunities in the local area
- Arranging a meals on wheels service
- Ordering minor equipment for your home
- Linking in with specialist support for particular health conditions
- Completing forms for welfare benefit applications
- Befriending services
- Handyman services
What support do we offer?
The services normally offer a limited number of visits over a particular length of time but sometimes one visit is enough to get you the help you need.
This kind of support is right for you if:
- You would like to continue to live independently in your home but you would benefits from knowing about other services of support in your local area
- You have a long-term health condition and would benefit from a little more advice and information about the best way to manage it
These services provide trained advisors who will come to your home to talk about the help you may need.
Our trained staff meet with you to discuss your needs and work with you to create a person centred support plan to identify your desired outcomes. We then share and source individual information and options to support your independence including things like coping strategies, emergency planning and planning ways through a particular situation you may be experiencing.