So what happens after you apply for a Care and Support job at Peabody?
This is what you can expect from us and the process that we follow.
- Once the job advert has closed, your application will be sent to the recruiting managers for consideration. If the recruiting manager shortlists your application, they will then advise our HR department of your shortlisting and you will receive an email notification letting you know.
- If you have been shortlisted, you will receive an invitation to an interview or assessment date. In most cases, you will have the choice of several time slots on the allocated day(s) – it is first-come-first-served in terms of candidates choosing from the available slots. If you need any further information or are unable to attend the allocated day(s), or if you need to advise us of any need for adjustments for your interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. At this point, you will also be advised about the types of assessment required, e.g. interview, pre-interview online tests, presentation, written test etc. You will also be advised if there is anything that you need to bring with you to the assessment on the day.
- On your interview day, please ensure that you arrive in good time. If you are unable to attend or are running late, please contact the recruiting manager (if you have their telephone number), or, if not, HR by phone on 01268 498 578 as soon as possible. Please note that it may not be possible to offer an alternative date or time for your assessment.
- Once all candidates have completed their assessments, the hiring manager will contact all candidates to let them know if they have or have not been successful. Feel free to ask for feedback at this point.
- The recruiting managers will then request HR to send a conditional offer letter to the successful candidate(s). The conditions of this offer vary depending on the job role. However, employment references and proof of your right to work in the UK are required in all cases. HR advise that candidates do not give notice to their current employer until the employment offer is confirmed.
- Once the conditions of the job offer have been satisfied, the candidate will be sent a confirmation offer letter by HR and a start date will be agreed. The first date of employment is normally the first day of our Peabody Induction Academy – core and specific training to support our new colleagues into their job roles.
Absolutely. If you are shortlisted for the role, please email email@example.com stating your name, the reference number for the vacancy and the adjustments you require and we will make any necessary arrangements.
If more than two weeks have elapsed from the closing day and you have not heard from us, please consider you application unsuccessful. Please note, we provide all candidates who have reached the interview stage with individual feedback, however, regretfully due to the high volume of demand we are not able to provide feedback on every application.
We do not normally provide feedback to candidates if they have not been shortlisted as there are often many applicants at that stage.
If a recruiting manager is looking to consider agency candidates for a vacancy, then they will contact the relevant agencies on our Preferred Suppliers’ List (PSL) directly. We do not accept speculative applications outside of this process. If you would like to find out more about our PSL, please contact our switchboard on 020 7089 1000 and ask to speak to the Procurement Team.